High-Risk Choices Don’t Have To Be the Norm Thanks to Prevention, Intervention, and Our Pretreatment Program
Now Providing Prime for Life Classes in Charlotte and Concord, NC
Absolute Advocacy is excited to announce our participation in Prime for Life®, an evidence-based motivational program focusing on prevention, intervention, and pretreatment targeting high-risk choice makers.
Risk reduction is the ultimate goal of Prime for Life®. The program focuses on assisting participants in changing their drinking and/or drug use behaviors. Five major behavioral elements are addressed:
- Risk Perceptions
- Risk Reduction Knowledge
Who the Program Benefits
The program is composed of prevention and intervention content, which makes it ideal for a broad audience. It is designed to assist:
- Youth under the age of 21 and college students
- Youth exposed to substance use and/or abuse in the home
- Youth with truancy issues
- Individuals referred by a court for possession, public intoxication, underage drinking, or other charges
- Individuals ages 13 to 20 who engage in drinking or drug use or are influenced by a group engaging in these behaviors
- Parents whose child is participating in juvenile justice or court diversion programs
- S. Army, Coast Guard, and Marine Corps referrals and policy violators
The Prime for Life® Difference
Substance use and underage drinking are major issues facing North Carolina. Prime for Life® classes help at-risk, high-risk, and those already facing substance related habits and/or charges. The program also provides underage drinking classes.
Participants stand to benefit from the Prime for Life® difference in numerous ways. Clients can expect to:
- Freely engage in a comfortable environment where thoughts, feelings, opinions, and self-reflection are encouraged.
- Discover the impact environment, associates, values, and personal choices have on outcomes.
- Learn the importance of and steps involved in making low-risk decisions.
- Be introduced to new beliefs designed to elicit positive change and encourage risk reduction.
The program is backed by scientific research and is listed on the National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP). It is proven to generate positive and long lasting results. Much like Drug Education School, Prime for Life® is a life-changing program.
Enter a Judgment Free Zone
Change does not happen overnight. Many factors contribute to making high-risk choices. Whether you are voluntarily seeking help, following a referral, or in need of the program due to a court order, Absolute Advocacy’s team takes great pride in maintaining a judgment free zone.
Our team is dedicated to a better you. Our goal is to meet your needs and provide a support network that will be available during and after classes.[table id=4 responsive=”phone” /]